Thursday, February 19, 2015

Healthy is In

I don't know about other people but one of the hardest things for me is staying in shape and eating healthy. I'm so busy these days and I feel like I'm constantly running around. It's hard for me to find time to exercise and trying not to eat out is a major straggle because who doesn't think fast food is good? It may taste good but it's so bad for me and yet I continue to eat it. One of my goals for this year that I made to myself was to get myself in shape and start to eat healthier.
I've began working with a personal trainer to get myself into the routine of exercising on a daily basis and working to find time to fit that in. She's given me the opportunity and exposure to workouts that I enjoy doing and help me work up a pretty good sweat. The harder aspect of being healthier is probably the eating. When I sit down and I have the option of eating a brownie and eating a salad it's sooo hard to not pick up that brownie and just shove it in my mouth. Let me tell you, it takes an enormous amount of self control to be able to tell yourself you don't need something even when you want it so bad.
Keeping a food log has really helped me with that because it helps me track all that I'm eating in a day and what my calorie intake is. Since i've been doing this, I've been eating healthier and I've been feeling so much better about myself. I feel more confident in my body and my body in general feels better. I used to get horrible migraines and I was able to equate them to my diet and since I've put in the effort to change my diet, my migraines have been less frequent and less painful.
I definitely still have a long long way to go before i'm the way I hope to be for the summer but I'm slowly but surely getting there. If anyone if feel bad about their body or their lifestyle I definitely encourage them to do something about it! It's a lot of hard work and takes a lot of psychological strength but in the long run, you feel so much better about yourself when you're able to look back at how far you've come and what you've been able to do.

Word Count: 410 words

No comments:

Post a Comment